D7S Vibration Sensor - OMRON - Korea
Product Details Portlet
D7S Vibration Sensor
Helps Prevent Fire and Other Secondary Disasters after an Earthquake.
The World's Smallest Class Size Seismic Sensor.
- Using the SI value, which has a high correlation with the seismic intensity scale that indicates the magnitude of an earthquake, provides higher-precision judgment of seismic intensity scales.
- The 3-axis acceleration Sensor and OMRON's unique SI value calculation algorithm achieve surface-mountable compact modules and low power consumption.
- Higher degree of freedom for incorporation into devices and prolonged operation on battery power.
- Shutoff output terminal (INT1) operates equivalent to a conventional mechanical vibration sensor and ensures compatibility with mechanical vibration sensors.
- I²C interface is able to obtain earthquake-related information from the Sensor with communications from external devices.
Features of Vibration Sensor D7S.
Compact & High-precision Seismic Sensors
Reducing Secondary Disasters from Earthquakes
D7S is the world's smallest class IoT-friendly high precision Seismic Sensor.
New earthquake detection sensors with high detection precision and low electricity consumption through 3-axis acceleration sensors and a unique SI value calculation algorithm. Superior cost performance.
The Best for Embedding in Equipment
The D7S can be embedded in essentially any device thanks to its ultra-small size and ultra-low consumption to contribute to package downsizing.
Rejects Impulse Vibration Noise
Spectral intensity (SI) high-precision earthquake indicator, which correlates highly with damage to structures.
Earthquake Maps and Rescue Maps
Internal memory and I²C interface enable the creation of original applications.
What Is an SI Value?
The SI value (or spectral intensity) is equivalent to the magnitude of the destructive energy imposed by seismic motion on structures. The SI value, which is the average value of the integrated velocity response spectrum, is an index that expresses the destructive force of seismic motion and is highly correlated with the damage to structures.
Relationship between SI Value and Measured Seismic Intensity Equivalent Value
Comparison of SI Values and Acceleration
As an index, the SI value has a higher correlation with the seismic intensity scale of Japan than the maximum acceleration does. This makes it possible to make judgments that accurately reflect structural damage.
|Item||Overview||Calculation load||Correlation with structural damage||Correlation with the Japan Meteorological Agency’s earthquake level||Others|
|Maximum acceleration||Maximum acceleration value||Small||△||△||–|
|Seismic intensity scale of Japan||Calculated from the acceleration||Large||◎||Empirical formula set by the Japan Meteorological Agency||Introducing this measurement method involves cost because Japan Meteorological Agency certification is required.|
|SI value||Average value of the shaking velocity||Small to medium||◎||◯||The SI value correlates highly with the measured seismic intensity and can be calculated easily, so it is used by major gas companies and railroads too.|
The world's smallest class of Seismic Sensors supports a wide range of applications.
The D7S is ideal for embedding in equipment.
Semiconductors, FPD, Machine Tools, Control Panels, Incinerators, Printers
Distribution Panels, Fire-prevention Systems, Home Appliances (Heaters, Gas Stoves)
Electricity Meters, Gas Meters, Chemical Plants, Expressways, Bridges, Tunnels, Railroads
Examples of Vibration Sensor Applications
With their high detection accuracy, these Sensors help with measures to prevent secondary damage after earthquakes in a variety of settings.
|Model||Appearance||Type||Power supply voltage||Minimum packing unit *|
|D7S-A0001||Surface-mounting Vibration Sensor||2.1 to 5.5 V||1,000 pcs.|
- * Products are packed with embossed tape.
Ratings / Characteristics
|Power Supply Voltage||2.1 to 5.5 V|
|Current consumption||During standby: 90 µA or less / Processing (average): 300 µA or less|
|Operating Temperature *||−30 to 70°C|
|Storage Temperature *||−40 to 80°C|
|Ambient Humidity *||25 to 95%|
|Storage Humidity *||25 to 95%|
|Acceleration Detection Range||−2,000 to 2,000gal|
|Shutoff Output (INT1)||Output at seismic intensity level 5 or higher.|
|Dimensions||10.9 × 9.8 mm|
- * With no condensation or icing.
|1||VCC||Power supply voltage||–||–|
|2||INT1||Shutoff output||OUT||An open-drain output.|
Goes active (ON) when the shutoff judgment condition and collapse detection condition are met.
|3||INT2||Processing notification output||OUT||An open-drain output.|
Goes active (ON) during earthquake calculations, offset acquisition, and self-diagnostic processing.
|4||SCL||I²C clock||IN||Pull up the voltage to VCC even when you do not use I²C.|
|5||SDA||I²C data||IN/OUT||Pull up the voltage to VCC even when you do not use I²C.|
|6||GND||Power supply ground||–||–|
|7||SETTING||Initial setting input||IN||Changes the Sensor to Initial Installation Mode for an input from an external device.|
Normal Mode: High / Initial Installation Mode: Low
|8||NC||Not connected||–||Completely floating and cannot be connected to another line.|
|9||VCC||Power supply voltage||–||–|
|10||GND||Power supply ground||–||–|
- * Due to insulation distance limitations, do not allow metal parts to come into contact with the Sensor.
- * Unless otherwise specified, a tolerance of ±0.3 mm applies to all dimensions.
Recommended Mounting Pattern
This Sensor is a precision device. Do not drop it or subject it to excessive shock or force.
Doing so could break it or change its characteristics. Do not use the Sensor if it has been dropped.
Precautions for Correct Use
- Do not use the Sensor in locations with volatile, flammable, or corrosive gas (organic solvent vapor, sulfite gas, chlorine, sulfide gas, ammonia gas, etc.) or other toxic gases. They may cause the Sensor to break down.
- Do not use the Sensor in locations subject to fresh water, salt water, water drops, or splattering oil.
- Do not use the Sensor in an environment where condensation or icing may occur. Moisture freezing on the Sensor may cause output to fluctuate or may cause the Sensor to break down.
- Do not use the Sensor in locations subject to direct sunlight. Doing so may cause the Sensor to break down.
- Do not use the Sensor in locations subject to direct radiant heat from heating equipment. Doing so may cause the Sensor to break down.
- Do not use the Sensor in locations with severe temperaturechanges. Doing so may cause the Sensor to break down.
- Do not use the Sensor in environments with excess mechanical stress. Doing so may cause the Sensor to malfunction or break down.
- Do not use the Sensor in locations with large vibration or shock. These may cause the Sensor to break down.
- Do not use the Sensor in locations with strong electrical or magnetic fields. These may cause the Sensor to break down.
Countermeasures against Noise
- The Sensor does not contain any protective circuits. Never allow the electrical load to exceed the absolute maximum ratings. Such loads may damage the circuits.
If required, install protective circuits so that absolute maximum ratings are not exceeded.
- Allow as much space as possible between the Sensor and devices that generate surges or high frequencies (such as high-frequency welders and high-frequency sewing machines).
Attach a surge protector or noise filter on nearby noise-generating devices (in particular, motors, transformers, solenoids, magnetic coils, or other devices that have an inductance component).
- Wire the Sensor away from high-voltage and large-current power lines in order to prevent inductance noise. It is also helpful to separate conduits and ducts and to use shielded cables.
- When using a switching regulator, power supply switching noise may cause malfunctions, so check this before use.
- Static electricity can destroy the Sensor. Take countermeasures including grounded work benches, floors, and other charged objects and workers.
- Do not handle the Sensor in locations with excessive vapor, dust, dirt, etc
- Do not hold the Sensor with pliers, tweezers, or similar tools, and do not subject components to damage or excessive shock due to inadequate adjustment of the mounter
- When placing components near the edge of the PCB or near a connector, make sure that stress is not applied to the Sensor when the device is assembled or when the connector is connected or disconnected.
- Do not apply any external force to components after soldering until everything has cooled off and do not allow mechanical stress due to PCB warping or other factors.
- Under some usage conditions, ultrasound may cause the Sensor to resonate and be destroyed. OMRON cannot specify the detailed conditions under which the Sensor will be used, so we assume no responsibility if the Sensor is used in environments where ultrasound is used. If the Sensor must be used in an environment with ultrasound, check its performance in the actual environment beforehand.
- Stress due to plastic hardening may change Sensor characteristics. Do not mold seal the Sensor after mounting.
- When applying a moisture preventing coating or other coating after mounting the Sensor, select a coating with minimal stress and check operation carefully.
- Do not attempt to disassemble or modify the Sensor.
- Do not use the Sensor in safety devices or for applications in which Sensor operation would directly affect human life.
- Carefully read the precaution in the Instruction Manual before using the Sensor.
- In addition, if you use the Sensor under conditions other than those in these specifications, check Sensor operation under those conditions beforehand.
Shipping and Storage
- Do not store the Sensor in locations with harmful corrosive gas (organic solvent vapor, sulfite gas, sulfide gas, etc.)
- The Sensor is not drip proof, so do not store it anywhere that water might get on it
- Store the Sensor within appropriate temperature and humidity ranges.
*Before storing the Sensor in an environment other than the environment recommended by OMRON, evaluate the results in the actual storage environment and judge whether or not storage there is appropriate.
- Do not store the Sensor in locations with excessive vapor, dust, dirt, etc.